Friday, April 1, 2011

Flowers,Farmers' Market, and Recipes Oh My!

Spring.
If there is one thing you should know about me, it is that i love flowers.
i've once told Indiana Jones that i would be financially content in life if only i could afford to have a fresh bouquet of flowers in my home at all times.
and these delicate ranunculuses are my favorite!
(after an English Rose of course ;)
the petals remind me of a ballerina's tutu
 
I love the carefree way the stems curve
 
my favorite shot :)
 On a similar note, Spring not only keeps my home full of fresh flowers, but it fills our home with farmers' market goodies!
Here is a picture of me and the girlies rocking the double stroller at the Las Vegas Farmers' Market in Bruce Trent Park. As you can see by Miss Evelyn's face, strawberries were a big hit :)
We got not only the most delicious,juicy,red, (did i already say juicy?) strawberries but i also picked up some celery,radishes,garlic and a loaf of lemon poppyseed bread.
The bread was so delicious it inspired me to make my own!

I found this simple recipe today and am planning on making it to take to our family's picnic at Floyd Lamb Park tomorrow.
(i'll let you know how it turns out :)

While we are on the subject of recipes, i must share a simple,yummy dinner recipe from Real Simple magazine.

seriously.
SO SIMPLE.
SO YUMMY.
I made this two nights in a row it was such a hit!
all you do is combine rotissierie chicken with buffalo wing sauce in a skillet for 2-4 minutes, slop it on a bun, add crumbled bleu cheese,celery and voila!

Well i hope you enjoyed the pretty flowers and the new recipes! i'm off to knit : )




No comments:

Post a Comment