Currently on this mama's needles, the Bobby's Garden blanket knit up with Noro Kureyon. I haven't blocked it yet, but when I do i'm hoping it will lie flat and not pucker as much as the picture shows. Unless i'm doing something wrong- then knitters, feel free to share tips on how to knit a hexagon that lays flat!
This is my first project using the famous Noro yarn, and though I love the unexpected color combinations and overall am satisfied, I have to say I thought the yarn would be a softer wool and a little 'stronger'. The roving has broken on me a couple times, but perhaps i'm just pulling a little too hard as I adjust to using DPNs for the first time.
Yes m'am, that's right! This is my first project using DPNs as well! I have avoided them for the past two years I've been knitting but have FINALLY decided to give them a go. And you know what- I caught on very quick and they aren't hard at all! I can't believe I've actually had nightmares about them...(slight exaggeration) The first needles I used were by Tulip and a terrrrrible purchase. I picked them up at a local craft store since the store didn't have the right sized Clover needles in stock. Within a few hours they were already splintering, and in a week I had to order new needles and throw those away. I purchased Brittany needles to replace them and I am completely satisfied! I won't make that mistake again...
If you'd like to keep up with this project or any of my (many) other WIPs, check out my Ravelry page!