Friday, June 3, 2011

Feature Friday~ Violet Bella

Happy Friday Y'all! I am absolutely THRILLED to introduce you to this Friday's featured artist, my lovely new friend, Laura of Violet Bella. When i first came across Violet Bella- jewelry and handmade clothes full of natured inspired whimsy- i knew i hit the jackpot! I've been counting my quarters since in anticipation to purchase my growing wishlist. I've become especially smitten with her handmade clothing, so this feature will mainly focus on that aspect of Violet Bella. On to the main event:



Tell us a little bit about your etsy shop, Violet Bella

Violet Bella has been my baby for the last 3 years. It is a culmination of all of the things I have loved making my whole life. In 2008 I took the risk of quiting my day job and doing this full time and it was the best decision I ever made, besides marrying my husband :) It is full of sweet & whimsical jewelry with a earthy vibe, and one of a kind handmade clothing and accessories.



What inspires your pieces?


My pieces are greatly inspired by nature and things I love. For example, you will find leaves, birds, owls, flowers & jewel tones throughout the line. I tend to create in the moment, so each day is a bit different of what I am inspired by.



How do you promote your shop?


I promote my shop through my blog, which I basically use as a website, journal, etc... www.violetbellasworld.blogspot.com. And my facebook & twitter pages:





Can you tell us one vintage and one handmade item currently on your etsy wishlist?


I just found this sweet vintage flutter top last night, I adore it:www.etsy.com/listing/70784663/1970s-vintage-flutter-sleeve-peasant

And I think this handmade macrame owl bag by MajikHorse is about the best thing Ive ever seen on etsy: www.etsy.com/listing/73841451/vintage-retro-60s-look-i-got-my-eye-on




Can you give us a sneak peek at the newest piece you are currently on? 


This sneak peak is actually for a brand new collection, that will go into a brand new shop called Roots and Feathers, it will be having its grand opening on June 14th!




and just for fun, what is your favorite flavor of coffee?


I love love love coffee... regular brew I enjoy dark dark roasts. For lattes I love vanilla and hazelnut breve lattes. yummy!


I know i'm not the only one dancing in excitement for Roots and Feathers ;) Till June 14th, shimmy on over to Violet Bella for your fill of boho,folk vibe jewelry and clothing!

SHOP ANNOUNCEMENT:

Folklure's etsy shop will be in vacation mode from 2pm today to 2pm Saturday. I will be a vendor at Henderson ArtBeat this evening, so the etsy shop will reopen tomorrow with updated inventory! 

Also.....
Don't forget to enter the Folklure Giveaway on the Flex Family Arts blog featuring my 'Blue Quartz Point Earrings'!
~Giveaway ends Tuesday~



1 comment:

  1. thank you so much, this was a beautiful feature, im honored :)

    ReplyDelete