Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Beanie Babies

I knitted some little beanies for Evelyn & Flora a few months back when i was first learning to knit. I just now decided to embellish them, and i am very happy with the end result :)


I decided to give Evelyn's mint hat some fuzzy crocheted rosettes in pink and white. I just love how large, yet delicate they look. What a cute,fun look!

Flora's white beanie has a more 'demure' look with little lilac colored hydrangea petals sewn on with a grey button.





















I used the same kind of yarn for each beanie: Red Heart Moon&Stars

For only $2.99 at Joanns- It is soft and easy to work with, and i love the unique texture. Most Red Heart yarns are scratchy, but this one is surprisingly comparable to the more expensive yarns out there. The skein is 50grams,machine washable and comes in 7 different colors: Violet, Pink Chiffon, Mint Jelly(Evelyn's), Limeade, Buttercream,Snow(Flora's), Blue Eyes and Blue Frosting.

The simple pattern i used is from Claire Montgomerie's Easy Baby Knits

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE these - how very, very precious. Isn't it great having little girls?
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, the beanies turned out so cute. Love the rosettes!!!! good job honey.

    ReplyDelete