Friday, October 19, 2012

Dear Daughters,


       We make a good team. Flora and I aren't morning people, so Evelyn will go out of her way to make me happy, then I will make Flora happy and in turn she makes Evelyn happy. I like how that works. 

I want to thank you Evelyn for waking me up every morning by opening my curtain and whispering "party time" in my ear. 

I want to thank you Flora for quietly climbing into bed and sharing a still 'waking up is hard'  moment with me.

 Thank you Evelyn for saying, "Mommy, you're cute" at least ten times a day. 

Thank you Flora for saying, " I wanna cuddle wit you" at least five times a day.

I like how we howl to celebrate whenever we make decision together:

 "What do you want for lunch?" 
"pasta!" 
"Pasta?!" 
"AWHOOOO, AH AH AWHOOO!"

I like how at the end of the day when I ask you two what you've learned, these are the responses i get:

"I learned to keep my skirt on at the park."

"I learned bugs are afraid of me cause I squish them"

"I learned brave is when you do something even though i'm scared"

I want to thank you girls for giving my life purpose, for making me laugh and for teaching me a thing or two.


" I liked it when my mother shaped me this way. I thought clay must must feel happy in good potter's hand." White Oleander by Janet Fitch

I hope you girls are happy clay.

xo
Mommy

5 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. This has to be the sweetest thing ever! And your story about Evelyn's skirt fiasco at the park...priceless. You are such a sweet mother <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I love this post. Makes me happy when you all are happy.
    -mommee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and it makes me happy to make you happy ;)
      xo

      Delete
  3. This is so sweet. Your littlest one reminds me of my own daughter. Very precious.

    ReplyDelete